There is a short circuit and the RCD has tripped. What should I do?

Created by Support Ease2pay, Modified on Mon, 27 Mar, 2023 at 5:48 PM by Support Ease2pay

Remove the plug from the socket and make sure that the short circuit is rectified. Then check the earth leakage circuit breaker. This is usually located behind a transparent access panel in the column or cabinet. The earth leakage circuit breaker should be on red; this means that the voltage can be switched. If the color of the earth leakage is green or gray, the earth leakage circuit breaker is tripped and no power will be available. You can reset the RCD yourself by opening the access panel (often loosening 2 thumbscrews) and flipping the switch. After the earth leakage circuit breaker has been reset, you can put the plug back in the socket.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select at least one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article